Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Political Affiliation or Not

photo by:Gary Rothstein (NASA KSC-06PD-2063)

In one manner of thinking I could be liberal and in another I could be independent and even in another I am conservative. I have no problem following others as long as their motives are pure and wisdom is exercised. I think the right party should have faith in God liberally, for example:
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight". (Proverbs 3:5,6)
To me the words "all your heart" is a very liberal portion. I think the right party should judge others conservatively, for example:
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." (Matthew 7:1,2).

Lastly, I think the right party should seek God through Jesus independently, for example:
"Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)
There is no other way to the Father. Seeking God should be done through Christ, independent of any religion, race, creed, political power or any imaginable thought that would try to place itself between you and Jesus Christ.

No comments: