Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Homeschool Subway Boycott - Pray About That



Dear fellow Homeschoolers,

Double check your answers before making any final marks on this test. The majority of the posted opinions out there from homeschoolers, reflect that we should boycott Subway until they change their mind. I think we should show the other cheek. Instead of boycott, lets all pick a day and eat at our local subway and let the individual owners know that we don't hold them responsible. I think there is a more effective way to communicate the fact that there are many of us and we should be included. Jesus said if someone forces you to go a mile, go two (Matt 5:41). Anyone can boycott. Even so, anyone can love a friend. But to love those that persecute you shows the true nature and power of God. Grace? Forgiveness? Anybody? What light do you carry in this world?

43"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor[h] and hate your enemy.' 44But I tell you: Love your enemies[i] and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect. -- Matthew 5:43-48
Jesus also taught us to pray:

11Give us this day our daily bread. 12And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven ([e]left, remitted, and let go of the debts, and have [f]given up resentment against) our debtors. -- Matthew 6:11,12 from "The Lords Prayer" the Amplified Bible.

How can I honestly pray like that and hold a grudge in my heart? And what is our daily bread? I'm sure the Lord meant more than food, but we sure do include food in that part of the prayer. At least I do.

So why not make mine a foot long on "Honey Oat"? By the way, I'm thankful for the Subway as a healthy alternative in my town.

When this is all said and done which kind of impression do you want to make? The impression of a fist or helping hands?


3 comments:

Peculiar Blogs said...

I think you have a wonderful idea. Thank you for sharing it with me on my blog and here. I will be leaving a link to your blog on mine so people can see what you have to say. Thank you for showing God's love and putting Him first, which sometimes we forget to do in the "heat of the moment." (besides, then, while I am showing my Godly love, I can eat a yummy BMT..heehee!)

Mrs. Taft said...

I think this is a spectacular idea. Maybe we should organize our local areas...

Justin said...

Is it possible to turn this tide? Can we spread a different message across the bulletin boards and blogs? Currently, the image of homeschoolers appears to be one of a feisty bunch, whose ready to band together and fight. That's just my observation of the majority of posts I have read concerning the Subway contest issue. That's simply not the heart of most families I know who home school. Most that I know love the Lord, and feel called to His standard. What is His standard? When Peter drew his sword to defend Jesus, what did Jesus do? When the disciples asked Jesus to call fire down on those that rejected them, what did Jesus say? We must take extra precaution to avoid a spirit of anger.

There is a huge TPA conference this weekend in Wichita, Kansas. If you or anyone you know is going to be there, spread this message of love. There is a great opportunity to bless a Subway. More than likely, we will be dining out anyway.

Thanks for commenting on my site. May God richly bless you all!