Monday, April 28, 2008

Social Security


The words social and security don't seem right next to each other like that. At least not in the context of this article. To me the words, social security, together imply a community taking care of one another and providing an atmosphere that ensures everyone can live in peace, comfort and without fear. What we have here is a governing group with an agenda which seems right to them, justifying how to spend other peoples money. For me there is only one I put my trust in for peace, and comfort, and that one is God. Furthermore, since God's word tells me that "...God is Love..." (1 John 4:16), and "...Perfect love drives out fear..." (1 John 4:18), I'm not going to be afraid. Can I make a suggestion? How about everyone sharing all they had with everyone else for the good of the people? I know, not very practical is it? Never-the-less it happened in Acts 4:32 (look it up) and no one went without. That was the beginning of the kind of church Christ taught about. My dear Brothers and Sisters and Friends what have we become? I know things are so much more complex now. We are a great nation with millions of... blah, blah, and more blah... And we are sick of it.

No comments: